For a hassle-free Hargreaves Lansdown login experience, you will need to go through a two-step process, which may sound complicated and arduous, but it’s actually quite simple.
I have to follow the same steps to login to my own personal Hargreaves Lansdown account, which you can also do.
For the first step to start your Hargreaves Lansdown Login you will need to know the following:
- Your username – You can reset your HL username if you have forgotten it
- Your date of birth – This can also be a memorable date
For the second stage of logging in to Hargreaves Lansdown, you will need:
- Your online password – You can request a reset if you have forgotten your HL online password
- Your secure number – This is made up of 6 numbers and you will be asked to enter some, not all of them
Once logged in: About your Hargreaves Lansdown account
Once you have entered the correct details, you will be successfully logged into your Hargreaves Lansdown account.
From here you will be able to access the following sections in your account.
- Portfolio in detail – Here you will be able to look at the stocks and shares you have in your portfolio, including their cash value total
- Portfolio history – Each time you place a deal within your portfolio an electronic contract note is generated. To find a contract note simply select an account and choose the time period in which you placed the deal.
- Loyalty bonus – Loyalty bonuses were either paid to the capital account or to the loyalty bonus account.
- Portfolio analysis – The portfolio analysis tool allows you to see how and where your portfolio is invested. You can analyse your entire portfolio, an individual account or specific holdings from different accounts as well as stocks you are thinking about buying.
- Tax Centre – The tax centre aims to help you when completing your tax return. Here you will find details of transactions that have been made outside of an ISA, Lifetime ISA or SIPP and may therefore be eligible for capital gains tax.
- Retirement Centre – The retirement centre gives you an overview of all your retirement income streams with useful tools and calculators so you can check your retirement portfolio is on track.
- Account settings – In your account settings you can change your personal details, and your statement delivery. You can also nominate bank accounts for withdrawals, income and loyalty bonuses, and more.
Additionally, there are other areas of the HL website available to you once you are logged in.
In your Hargreaves Lansdown account you will have access to secure messages, with the ability to send messages securely to account managers at HL.
This is where you can find all upcoming meetings for UK and EU companies you hold shares for in your HL account.
Once you have bought shares in a company it usually takes 2-3 days for you to be able to vote on these and for meetings to appear in this section.
Search for an investment
You search for any investments you have, or are looking to invest in.
To search for an investment, either enter part of the stock name you are looking for in the stock search or browse by fund manager or sector.
Help & support
The help and support section of the HL website, once you’re logged in, includes frequently asked questions to help you make the most of your account.
Just click on one of the questions or use the search function to find the answer you’re looking for.
In the markets section of the HL website you can see at a glance prices for leading indexes for UK, World, Currencies and Commodities, including FTSE 100, 250, 500 and more.